The Leadership Crisis, Imperative and Dilemna
With the ever increasing VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) environment is making being a great leader a significant challenge and dilemma. Being a technically competent manager is no longer the key to promotion. It is a minimal essential. The imperative is now to develop agile, adaptive, conscious and creative leaders who are better able to navigate the future.
At the Leadership Circle, our research shows we are in the depths of a leadership crisis globally. This is because the vast majority of leaders (70%) are still relying solely on their basis technical competence. Less that 10% are truly, leading edge, highly capable leaders. We don’t need to look too far to see the leadership crisis, taking the current US President as but one example.
The leadership imperative is this: The management strategies that got you to where you are will no longer be of use to you in the future. In fact, with COVID 19, this is but one of many major unprecedented challenges that every leader and business will face. Leaders facing these challenges are recognising the need to have the right support to help navigate the constantly shifting, extreme paradigm shifts and VUCA environment.
We receive daily enquiries asking us about how we can help build leadership competence, capacity and capability. Over the last few years, we have seen a distinct and growing need for Leadership teams to have Team Coaching.
We agree, now, more than ever, Leadership teams need to be a super team. Leadership teams are a recent phenomenon (last 40-50 years), and it is now time to take the concept of team to a new level. It is our experience that many leadership teams have a level of dysfunction, due to in-fighting, politics, passive-aggressive, lack of shared vision and purpose and lack of clearly identified leadership behaviours and of course a lack of trust and openness. It is critical that we not only build highly capable and adaptive leaders, but we also build strong, cohesive, adaptive leadership teams that can have courageous and authentic conversations and work effectively together to solve complex and unprecedented problems. Research continually suggests that a business cannot perform better than the overall bench-strength of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). This means a business can no longer rely on one or two superstars!
The upshot of this is, that all leaders to future-proof their careers and their business by developing strong conscious, agile, authentic, adaptive leadership capability.
What is Leadership Competence?
We believe leadership competence has become the bare minimum requirement for leaders. Research shows however, that few people in ‘leadership roles’ achieve high levels of leadership effectiveness and competence. This is due to a mix of inadequate training and education and role models.
Leadership Competence shown to be the most highly effective, universal leadership style has 18 key competencies for positive leadership and 11 tendencies that hold you back as a leader, according to the Leadership Circle Profile.
THE 18 KEY COMPETENCIES ARE:
These benefits are gained through our unique and holistic approach to leadership coaching, which involves:
- Integrity (values and purpose driven)
- Courageous Authenticity (ability to have open, honest and tough conversations “undiscussables”)
- Caring Connection (Ability to form deep, warm and caring relationships)
- Fosters Team Working (foster high performance, highly engaged teams)
- Collaborator (Cross-functional, effective collaboration)
- Mentoring & Developing (ability to mentor and develop others effectively)
- Interpersonal/Emotional Intelligence (deep self and other awareness, effectively resolves conflict, leads through controversy, listens and engages others effectively)
- Selfless Leader (pursues service over self-interest, serves for the common good)
- Balance (healthy work-life balance, self-care, self-renew, actively works to reduce stress)
- Composure (remains calm, composed, centred, focused in high pressure/tension situations)
- Personal Learner (continuously developing self, professionally & personally, high levels of self-awareness)
- Community Concern (service to community and global welfare)
- Sustainability Productivity (strategic focus, balances human and technical resources for long-term sustainability)
- Systems Thinker (whole systems thinking perspective and ensures holistic strategy)
- Strategic Focus (thinks, plans and acts in a rigorous, strategic focus on near and long-term)
- Purposeful & Visionary (Clearly aligns self and company purpose and vision and communicates as such)
- Achieves Results (Goal orientation and regularly measures performance against goals)
- Decisiveness (ability to make timely decisions, fast decision in an emergency, and moving forward in uncertainty
WHAT IS CONSCIOUS, AGILE AND ADAPTIVE LEADERSHIP (CAA)?
At Executive and Leadership Coaching Australia, we provide a range of professional coaching services including:
- Executives, Leaders and Managers
- Leadership Teams
- Emerging leaders and
- High potential professionals
Our coaching services are designed to help leaders navigate change, VUCA environments and develop more adaptive and agile Leadership.
These three components of leadership are the highest levels of leadership attainment. Each builds a foundation for the next. CAA leadership requires management competence as the bare minimum, from which to build the leadership personal development journey. CAA is not for everyone. It is for passionate leaders who have a deep purpose of changing the world!
Conscious leadership is about being highly self-aware and emotionally intelligent. Research shows that these leaders increase employee engagement and create high performing cultures. In today’s ever increasing VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment, we need highly agile and adaptive leaders.
Agile leaders adapt their style and team to the challenges quickly and effectively. They are highly conscious leaders who empower their teams and businesses, that take a high involvement approach and that build amazing coherent and cohesive cultures, producing high engagement, trust and deep relationships. Agile leaders connect every team member with the organisations vision, mission, values and purpose.
Adaptive leaders are the highest functioning leaders and it is estimated that less than 20% of leaders achieve the initial stages of this level of development. Adaptive leaders are both highly competent and highly integrated conscious leaders, who are able to meet both the technical and adaptive challenges with confidence.
What is Life Coaching?
What is Health Coaching?
We use a variety of cognitive, somatic and holistic tools to help you achieve what is required. This includes our Quantum Transformational Psychology™, Kinesiology, Somatic Trauma Release, EMDR and Havening Techniques, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Psychology, Cognitive Behavioural Technique (CBT), Restorative Yoga (RY) & Conscious Breathwork (CBW) to name but a few, to create amazing transformations for clients behavioural, health or wellness issues.
Our processes works with your mind (conscious, unconscious & super-conscious), your body and your spirit to facilitate your beautiful being to bring itself in alignment with your highest intention of thriving. Whatever your intention, our program can help you take a quantum leap forward.
The techniques we use, have reported great success.
Some of the issues we work with clients on are:
- Creating new healthy lifestyle
- Creating passion for healthy eating (e.g. breaking poor eating and nutrition habits)
- Creating passion for exercise
- Creating more loving and powerful conscious relating and relationships
- Supporting people through chronic illness (such as cancer, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue)
- Creating self-love, self-compassion and self-care
- Creating stronger embodiment and self-awareness and insights
- Creating self forgiveness and forgiveness
- Eliminating long seated emotional issues or traumas (e.g. abuse, death of a loved one, broken relationship)
- Dealing with emotional issues – such as fear, anger, guilt, shame
- Releasing depression, anxiety and PTSD
- Releasing and managing stress proactively